Singapore Student VisaSingapore currently has two fully-fledged public universities (National University of Singapore & Nanyang Technological University), and two fully-fledged private universities (SMU & UniSIM). However, UniSIM accepts only adult learners in general, so A-level students may apply only to SMU, NUS, NTU, several foreign university offshore campuses, and more than ten other private tertiary institutions offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Benefits of Studying In Singapore
- Education for primary, secondary, and tertiary levels is mostly supported by the state.
- Students can obtain a recognized foreign university degree without having to travel to a western country.
- Singapore is emerging as a viable alternative for world class education at an affordable cost.
- Singapore has some of the best educational institutes in the Asia- Pacific region.
- Singapore has established itself as a hub of global economic activity.
- Singapore has a policy of non-tolerance towards ragging and other kinds of physical and mental abuse, both on the campus and off campus.
- Singapore has a very warm and welcoming attitude towards people from other countries.
- Singapore’s high standards of living including personal freedom, high quality of healthcare, schools, something that students can look forward to.
- With many multinational companies in Singapore, there are good job opportunities for executives and professionals.
- Polytechnics were established in Singapore to offer students practice-oriented studies at the diploma level.
- Polytechnic graduates are valued as practice-oriented and knowledgeable professionals, much sought after by industry employers.